Sunday, April 15/28, 2013: Entry of the Lord into Jerusalem: Palm Sunday: Phil 4:4-9, John 12:1-18

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2013
      passage: Phil 4:4-4:9

      Chapter 4

      Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation
      be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing;
      but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your
      requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all
      understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
      Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things
      are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure,
      whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if
      there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
      Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard,
      and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

      Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus
      was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead. There they made
      him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at
      the table with him. Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard,
      very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with
      her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
      Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which
      should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred
      pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for
      the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what
      was put therein. Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of
      my burying hath she kept this. For the poor always ye have with you;
      but me ye have not always. Much people of the Jews therefore knew that
      he was there: and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they
      might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead. But the
      chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;
      Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed
      on Jesus. On the next day much people that were come to the feast,
      when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, Took branches of
      palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed
      is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. And Jesus,
      when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not,
      daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.
      These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus
      was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written
      of him, and that they had done these things unto him. The people
      therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave,
      and raised him from the dead, bare record. For this cause the people
      also met him, for that they heard that he had done this miracle.