Saturday, April 14/27, 2013: Saturday of St. Lazarus the Righteous: Heb 12:28-13:8, John 11:1-45

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2013
      passage: Heb 12:28-13:8

      Chapter 12

      Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have
      grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
      For our God is a consuming fire.

      Chapter 13

      Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers:
      for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember them that
      are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity,
      as being yourselves also in the body. Marriage is honourable in all,
      and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
      Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with
      such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee,
      nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper,
      and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Remember them which
      have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose
      faith follow, considering the end of their conversation. Jesus Christ
      the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

      Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of
      Mary and her sister Martha. It was that Mary which anointed the Lord
      with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus
      was sick.) Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold,
      he whom thou lovest is sick. When Jesus heard that, he said, This
      sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son
      of God might be glorified thereby. Now Jesus loved Martha, and her
      sister, and Lazarus. When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he
      abode two days still in the same place where he was. Then after that
      saith he to his disciples, Let us go into Judaea again. His disciples
      say unto him, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest
      thou thither again? Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the
      day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth
      the light of this world. But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth,
      because there is no light in him. These things said he: and after that
      he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may
      awake him out of sleep. Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep,
      he shall do well. Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought
      that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them
      plainly, Lazarus is dead. And I am glad for your sakes that I was not
      there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.
      Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples,
      Let us also go, that we may die with him. Then when Jesus came, he
      found that he had lain in the grave four days already. Now Bethany
      was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off: And many of the
      Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
      Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met
      him: but Mary sat still in the house. Then said Martha unto Jesus,
      Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. But I know,
      that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
      Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith
      unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the
      last day. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life:
      he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And
      whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou
      this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ,
      the Son of God, which should come into the world. And when she had so
      said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying,
      The Master is come, and calleth for thee. As soon as she heard that,
      she arose quickly, and came unto him. Now Jesus was not yet come into
      the town, but was in that place where Martha met him. The Jews then
      which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary,
      that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth
      unto the grave to weep there. Then when Mary was come where Jesus was,
      and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou
      hadst been here, my brother had not died. When Jesus therefore saw her
      weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in
      the spirit, and was troubled. And said, Where have ye laid him? They
      said unto him, Lord, come and see. Jesus wept. Then said the Jews,
      Behold how he loved him! And some of them said, Could not this man,
      which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man
      should not have died? Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh
      to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it. Jesus said, Take
      ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto
      him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
      Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest
      believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? Then they took away the
      stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his
      eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I
      knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand
      by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. And when
      he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
      And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes:
      and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them,
      Loose him, and let him go. Then many of the Jews which came to Mary,
      and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.