Friday, April 13/26, 2013: Isa 66:10-24, Gen 49:33-50:26, Prov 31:8-31

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2013
      passage: Isa 66:10-66:24

      Chapter 66

      Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her:
      rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her: That ye may suck,
      and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk
      out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory. For thus saith
      the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory
      of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be
      borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees. As one whom his
      mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted
      in Jerusalem. And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and
      your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall
      be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.
      For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like
      a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames
      of fire. For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all
      flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify
      themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in
      the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse,
      shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. For I know their works
      and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and
      tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. And I will set a sign
      among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations,
      to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to
      the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my
      glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles. And they
      shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all
      nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules,
      and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD,
      as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the
      house of the LORD. And I will also take of them for priests and for
      Levites, saith the LORD. For as the new heavens and the new earth,
      which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall
      your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from
      one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all
      flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

      passage: Gen 49:33-50:26

      Chapter 49

      And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up
      his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto
      his people.

      Chapter 50

      And Joseph fell upon his father's face, and wept upon him, and kissed
      him. And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians to embalm
      his father: and the physicians embalmed Israel. And forty days were
      fulfilled for him; for so are fulfilled the days of those which are
      embalmed: and the Egyptians mourned for him threescore and ten days.
      And when the days of his mourning were past, Joseph spake unto the
      house of Pharaoh, saying, If now I have found grace in your eyes,
      speak, I pray you, in the ears of Pharaoh, saying, My father made me
      swear, saying, Lo, I die: in my grave which I have digged for me in the
      land of Canaan, there shalt thou bury me. Now therefore let me go up,
      I pray thee, and bury my father, and I will come again. And Pharaoh
      said, Go up, and bury thy father, according as he made thee swear.
      And Joseph went up to bury his father: and with him went up all the
      servants of Pharaoh, the elders of his house, and all the elders of
      the land of Egypt, And all the house of Joseph, and his brethren,
      and his father's house: only their little ones, and their flocks,
      and their herds, they left in the land of Goshen. And there went up
      with him both chariots and horsemen: and it was a very great company.
      And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and
      there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation: and he made
      a mourning for his father seven days. And when the inhabitants of the
      land, the Canaanites, saw the mourning in the floor of Atad, they said,
      This is a grievous mourning to the Egyptians: wherefore the name of it
      was called Abelmizraim, which is beyond Jordan. And his sons did unto
      him according as he commanded them: For his sons carried him into the
      land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah,
      which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace
      of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre. And Joseph returned into Egypt,
      he, and his brethren, and all that went up with him to bury his father,
      after he had buried his father. And when Joseph's brethren saw that
      their father was dead, they said, Joseph will peradventure hate us,
      and will certainly requite us all the evil which we did unto him.
      And they sent a messenger unto Joseph, saying, Thy father did command
      before he died, saying, So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray
      thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto
      thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants
      of the God of thy father. And Joseph wept when they spake unto him.
      And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they
      said, Behold, we be thy servants. And Joseph said unto them, Fear not:
      for am I in the place of God? But as for you, ye thought evil against
      me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day,
      to save much people alive. Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish
      you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly
      unto them. And Joseph dwelt in Egypt, he, and his father's house:
      and Joseph lived an hundred and ten years. And Joseph saw Ephraim's
      children of the third generation: the children also of Machir the son
      of Manasseh were brought up upon Joseph's knees. And Joseph said unto
      his brethren, I die: and God will surely visit you, and bring you out
      of this land unto the land which he sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and
      to Jacob. And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying,
      God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence.

      passage: Prov 31:8-31:31

      Chapter 31

      Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed
      to destruction. Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause
      of the poor and needy. Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price
      is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in
      her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and
      not evil all the days of her life. She seeketh wool, and flax, and
      worketh willingly with her hands. She is like the merchants' ships;
      she bringeth her food from afar. She riseth also while it is yet
      night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
      She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands
      she planteth a vineyard. She girdeth her loins with strength, and
      strengtheneth her arms. She perceiveth that her merchandise is good:
      her candle goeth not out by night. She layeth her hands to the spindle,
      and her hands hold the distaff. She stretcheth out her hand to the poor;
      yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of
      the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with
      scarlet. She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is
      silk and purple. Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth
      among the elders of the land. She maketh fine linen, and selleth it;
      and delivereth girdles unto the merchant. Strength and honour are her
      clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth
      with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well
      to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
      Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he
      praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest
      them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that
      feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.