Wednesday, April 11/24, 2013: Isa 58:1-11, Gen 43:26-31, 45:1-16, Prov 21:23-22:4

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2013
      passage: Isa 58:1-58:11

      Chapter 58

      Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew
      my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
      Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did
      righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of
      me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.
      Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore
      have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold,
      in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
      Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of
      wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to
      be heard on high. Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a
      man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and
      to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast,
      and an acceptable day to the LORD? Is not this the fast that I have
      chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens,
      and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it
      not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that
      are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover
      him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Then shall
      thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring
      forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory
      of the LORD shall be thy rereward. Then shalt thou call, and the LORD
      shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take
      away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger,
      and speaking vanity; And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and
      satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity,
      and thy darkness be as the noon day: And the LORD shall guide thee
      continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones:
      and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water,
      whose waters fail not.

      passage: Gen 43:26-43:31

      Chapter 43

      And when Joseph came home, they brought him the present which was in
      their hand into the house, and bowed themselves to him to the earth.
      And he asked them of their welfare, and said, Is your father well,
      the old man of whom ye spake? Is he yet alive? And they answered,
      Thy servant our father is in good health, he is yet alive. And they
      bowed down their heads, and made obeisance. And he lifted up his eyes,
      and saw his brother Benjamin, his mother's son, and said, Is this your
      younger brother, of whom ye spake unto me? And he said, God be gracious
      unto thee, my son. And Joseph made haste; for his bowels did yearn
      upon his brother: and he sought where to weep; and he entered into
      his chamber, and wept there. And he washed his face, and went out,
      and refrained himself, and said, Set on bread.

      passage: Gen 45:1-45:16

      Chapter 45

      Then Joseph could not refrain himself before all them that stood by him;
      and he cried, Cause every man to go out from me. And there stood no man
      with him, while Joseph made himself known unto his brethren. And he wept
      aloud: and the Egyptians and the house of Pharaoh heard. And Joseph
      said unto his brethren, I am Joseph; doth my father yet live? And his
      brethren could not answer him; for they were troubled at his presence.
      And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And
      they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold
      into Egypt. Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves,
      that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.
      For these two years hath the famine been in the land: and yet there are
      five years, in the which there shall neither be earing nor harvest.
      And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth,
      and to save your lives by a great deliverance. So now it was not you
      that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh,
      and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.
      Haste ye, and go up to my father, and say unto him, Thus saith thy
      son Joseph, God hath made me lord of all Egypt: come down unto me,
      tarry not: And thou shalt dwell in the land of Goshen, and thou shalt
      be near unto me, thou, and thy children, and thy children's children,
      and thy flocks, and thy herds, and all that thou hast: And there will
      I nourish thee; for yet there are five years of famine; lest thou, and
      thy household, and all that thou hast, come to poverty. And, behold,
      your eyes see, and the eyes of my brother Benjamin, that it is my mouth
      that speaketh unto you. And ye shall tell my father of all my glory in
      Egypt, and of all that ye have seen; and ye shall haste and bring down my
      father hither. And he fell upon his brother Benjamin's neck, and wept;
      and Benjamin wept upon his neck. Moreover he kissed all his brethren,
      and wept upon them: and after that his brethren talked with him.
      And the fame thereof was heard in Pharaoh's house, saying, Joseph's
      brethren are come: and it pleased Pharaoh well, and his servants.

      passage: Prov 21:23-22:4

      Chapter 21

      Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.
      Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.
      The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour.
      He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and
      spareth not. The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more,
      when he bringeth it with a wicked mind? A false witness shall perish:
      but the man that heareth speaketh constantly. A wicked man hardeneth
      his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way. There is no
      wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD. The horse is
      prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.

      Chapter 22

      A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour
      rather than silver and gold. The rich and poor meet together: the
      LORD is the maker of them all. A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and
      hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished. By humility
      and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.