Monday, March 26 / April 8, 2013: Isa 14:24-32, Gen 8:21-9:7, Prov 11:19-12:6

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2013
      passage: Isa 14:24-14:32

      Chapter 14

      The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so
      shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand: That
      I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him
      under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden
      depart from off their shoulders. This is the purpose that is purposed
      upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon
      all the nations. For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall
      disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?
      In the year that king Ahaz died was this burden. Rejoice not thou,
      whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken:
      for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his
      fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent. And the firstborn of the poor
      shall feed, and the needy shall lie down in safety: and I will kill
      thy root with famine, and he shall slay thy remnant. Howl, O gate;
      cry, O city; thou, whole Palestina, art dissolved: for there shall come
      from the north a smoke, and none shall be alone in his appointed times.
      What shall one then answer the messengers of the nation? That the LORD
      hath founded Zion, and the poor of his people shall trust in it.

      passage: Gen 8:21-9:7

      Chapter 8

      And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart,
      I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the
      imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I
      again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. While the
      earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer
      and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

      Chapter 9

      And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and
      multiply, and replenish the earth. And the fear of you and the dread
      of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of
      the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes
      of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that
      liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you
      all things. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof,
      shall ye not eat. And surely your blood of your lives will I require;
      at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man;
      at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
      Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in
      the image of God made he man. And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply;
      bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

      passage: Prov 11:19-12:6

      Chapter 11

      As righteousness tendeth to life: so he that pursueth evil pursueth it
      to his own death. They that are of a froward heart are abomination
      to the LORD: but such as are upright in their way are his delight.
      Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but
      the seed of the righteous shall be delivered. As a jewel of gold
      in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
      The desire of the righteous is only good: but the expectation of the
      wicked is wrath. There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and
      there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.
      The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered
      also himself. He that withholdeth corn, the people shall curse him:
      but blessing shall be upon the head of him that selleth it. He that
      diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief,
      it shall come unto him. He that trusteth in his riches shall fall;
      but the righteous shall flourish as a branch. He that troubleth his
      own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the
      wise of heart. The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he
      that winneth souls is wise. Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed
      in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.

      Chapter 12

      Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof
      is brutish. A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD: but a man of wicked
      devices will he condemn. A man shall not be established by wickedness:
      but the root of the righteous shall not be moved. A virtuous woman is
      a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in
      his bones. The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels
      of the wicked are deceit. The words of the wicked are to lie in wait
      for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.