Sunday, March 25 / April 7, 2013: The Annunciation of Our Most Holy Lady, the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary: Heb 2:11-18, Luke 1:24-38

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2013
      passage: Heb 2:11-2:18

      Chapter 2

      For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one:
      for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, Saying, I will
      declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing
      praise unto thee. And again, I will put my trust in him. And again,
      Behold I and the children which God hath given me. Forasmuch then
      as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself
      likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy
      him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them
      who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
      For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him
      the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made
      like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high
      priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins
      of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted,
      he is able to succour them that are tempted.

      And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five
      months, saying, Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein
      he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men. And in the sixth
      month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee,
      named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph,
      of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And the angel
      came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the
      Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. And when she saw him,
      she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of
      salutation this should be. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary:
      for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive
      in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
      He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the
      Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he
      shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there
      shall be no end. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be,
      seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her,
      The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest
      shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be
      born of thee shall be called the Son of God. And, behold, thy cousin
      Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is
      the sixth month with her, who was called barren. For with God nothing
      shall be impossible. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord;
      be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.