Sunday, March 18/31, 2013: Sunday of St. Gregory Palamas: Heb 1:10-2:3, Mark 2:1-12

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013
      passage: Heb 1:10-2:3

      Chapter 1

      And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth;
      and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish;
      but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
      And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed:
      but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail. But to which of
      the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make
      thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits,
      sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

      Chapter 2

      Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we
      have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. For if the word
      spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience
      received a just recompence of reward; How shall we escape, if we neglect
      so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord,
      and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

      passage: Mark 2:1-2:12

      And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised
      that he was in the house. And straightway many were gathered together,
      insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about
      the door: and he preached the word unto them. And they come unto him,
      bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four. And when
      they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the
      roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the
      bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay. When Jesus saw their faith,
      he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
      But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning
      in their hearts, Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can
      forgive sins but God only? And immediately when Jesus perceived in
      his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them,
      Why reason ye these things in your hearts? Whether is it easier to
      say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say,
      Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? But that ye may know that the
      Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick
      of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go
      thy way into thine house. And immediately he arose, took up the bed,
      and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed,
      and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.