Friday, March 16/29, 2013: Isa 7:1-14, Gen 5:32-6:8, Prov 6:20-7:1

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      passage: Isa 7:1-7:14

      Chapter 7

      And it came to pass in the days of Ahaz the son of Jotham, the son of
      Uzziah, king of Judah, that Rezin the king of Syria, and Pekah the son
      of Remaliah, king of Israel, went up toward Jerusalem to war against it,
      but could not prevail against it. And it was told the house of David,
      saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim. And his heart was moved,
      and the heart of his people, as the trees of the wood are moved with
      the wind. Then said the LORD unto Isaiah, Go forth now to meet Ahaz,
      thou, and Shearjashub thy son, at the end of the conduit of the upper
      pool in the highway of the fuller's field; And say unto him, Take heed,
      and be quiet; fear not, neither be fainthearted for the two tails of
      these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria,
      and of the son of Remaliah. Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of
      Remaliah, have taken evil counsel against thee, saying, Let us go
      up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for
      us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal: Thus
      saith the Lord GOD, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass.
      For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin;
      and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that
      it be not a people. And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head
      of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If ye will not believe, surely ye shall
      not be established. Moreover the LORD spake again unto Ahaz, saying,
      Ask thee a sign of the LORD thy God; ask it either in the depth, or
      in the height above. But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I
      tempt the LORD. And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it
      a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?
      Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin
      shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

      passage: Gen 5:32-6:8

      Chapter 5

      And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and

      Chapter 6

      And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the
      earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the
      daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all
      which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive
      with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred
      and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and
      also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men,
      and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of
      old, men of renown. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great
      in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart
      was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made
      man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said,
      I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth;
      both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air;
      for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in
      the eyes of the LORD.

      passage: Prov 6:20-7:1

      My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy
      mother: Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about
      thy neck. When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest,
      it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
      For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of
      instruction are the way of life: To keep thee from the evil woman,
      from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. Lust not after
      her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
      For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread:
      and the adultress will hunt for the precious life. Can a man take fire
      in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one go upon hot coals,
      and his feet not be burned? So he that goeth in to his neighbour's
      wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent. Men do not despise
      a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry; But if he
      be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance
      of his house. But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh
      understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. A wound
      and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.
      For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the
      day of vengeance. He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest
      content, though thou givest many gifts.

      Chapter 7

      My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.