Thursday, March 15/28, 2013: Isa 6:1-12, Gen 5:1-24, Prov 6:3-20

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2013
      passage: Isa 6:1-6:12

      Chapter 6

      In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a
      throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it
      stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his
      face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
      And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD
      of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. And the posts of the
      door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled
      with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man
      of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips:
      for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Then flew one
      of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had
      taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth,
      and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken
      away, and thy sin purged. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying,
      Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I;
      send me. And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but
      understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart
      of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes;
      lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand
      with their heart, and convert, and be healed. Then said I, Lord, how
      long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant,
      and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, And the
      LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the
      midst of the land.

      passage: Gen 5:1-5:24

      Chapter 5

      This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created
      man, in the likeness of God made he him; Male and female created he
      them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when
      they were created. And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and
      begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his
      name Seth: And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight
      hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: And all the days that
      Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died. And Seth
      lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos: And Seth lived after he
      begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:
      And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.
      And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan: And Enos lived after
      he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and
      daughters: And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years:
      and he died. And Cainan lived seventy years and begat Mahalaleel:
      And Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty
      years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Cainan were
      nine hundred and ten years: and he died. And Mahalaleel lived sixty
      and five years, and begat Jared: And Mahalaleel lived after he begat
      Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters:
      And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five
      years: and he died. And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years,
      and he begat Enoch: And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred
      years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Jared were
      nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died. And Enoch lived sixty
      and five years, and begat Methuselah: And Enoch walked with God after
      he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
      And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
      And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

      passage: Prov 6:3-6:20

      Chapter 6

      Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into
      the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend.
      Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids. Deliver
      thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the
      hand of the fowler. Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways,
      and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her
      meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. How long
      wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
      Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands
      to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy
      want as an armed man. A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a
      froward mouth. He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet,
      he teacheth with his fingers; Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth
      mischief continually; he soweth discord. Therefore shall his calamity
      come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy. These six
      things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
      A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
      An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in
      running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that
      soweth discord among brethren. My son, keep thy father's commandment,
      and forsake not the law of thy mother: