Wednesday, March 14/27, 2013: Isa 5:16-26, Gen 4:16-26, Prov 5:15-6:3

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26 9:49 PM
      passage: Isa 5:16-5:26

      Chapter 5

      But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God that is holy
      shall be sanctified in righteousness. Then shall the lambs feed after
      their manner, and the waste places of the fat ones shall strangers eat.
      Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were
      with a cart rope: That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work,
      that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw
      nigh and come, that we may know it! Woe unto them that call evil good,
      and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that
      put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise
      in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight! Woe unto them that
      are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
      Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of
      the righteous from him! Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and
      the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and
      their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law
      of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
      Therefore is the anger of the LORD kindled against his people, and
      he hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them:
      and the hills did tremble, and their carcases were torn in the midst of
      the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is
      stretched out still. And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from
      far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold,
      they shall come with speed swiftly:

      passage: Gen 4:16-4:26

      Chapter 4

      And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the
      land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she
      conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name
      of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. And unto Enoch was
      born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael:
      and Methusael begat Lamech. And Lamech took unto him two wives: the
      name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah. And Adah
      bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such
      as have cattle. And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father
      of all such as handle the harp and organ. And Zillah, she also bare
      Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the
      sister of Tubalcain was Naamah. And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah
      and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech:
      for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
      If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.
      And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name
      Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel,
      whom Cain slew. And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he
      called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

      passage: Prov 5:15-6:3

      Chapter 5

      Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine
      own well. Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in
      the streets. Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee.
      Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
      Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy
      thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. And why
      wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the
      bosom of a stranger? For the ways of man are before the eyes of the
      LORD, and he pondereth all his goings. His own iniquities shall take
      the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.
      He shall die without instruction; and in the greatness of his folly he
      shall go astray.

      Chapter 6

      My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy
      hand with a stranger, Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth,
      thou art taken with the words of thy mouth. Do this now, my son, and
      deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go,
      humble thyself, and make sure thy friend.