Monday, March 12/25, 2013: Isa 4:2-6,5:1-7, Gen 3:21-4:7, Prov 3:34-4:22

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2013
      passage: Isa 4:2-4:6

      Chapter 4

      In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious,
      and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that
      are escaped of Israel. And it shall come to pass, that he that is left
      in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy,
      even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem: When
      the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion,
      and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by
      the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning. And the LORD will
      create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies,
      a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for
      upon all the glory shall be a defence. And there shall be a tabernacle
      for a shadow in the day time from the heat, and for a place of refuge,
      and for a covert from storm and from rain.

      passage: Isa 5:1-5:7

      Chapter 5

      Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his
      vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill: And
      he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with
      the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made
      a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes,
      and it brought forth wild grapes. And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem,
      and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.
      What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in
      it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought
      it forth wild grapes? And now go to; I will tell you what I will do
      to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be
      eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:
      And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there
      shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that
      they rain no rain upon it. For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the
      house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked
      for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

      passage: Gen 3:21-4:7

      Chapter 3

      Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins,
      and clothed them. And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become
      as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his
      hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
      Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till
      the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he
      placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword
      which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

      Chapter 4

      And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said,
      I have gotten a man from the LORD. And she again bare his brother
      Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the
      ground. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of
      the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. And Abel, he also
      brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And
      the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and
      to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his
      countenance fell. And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and
      why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be
      accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto
      thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

      passage: Prov 3:34-4:22

      Chapter 3

      Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.
      The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

      Chapter 4

      Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know
      understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
      For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my
      mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my
      words: keep my commandments, and live. Get wisdom, get understanding:
      forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her
      not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
      Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy
      getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee:
      she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her. She shall
      give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she
      deliver to thee. Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years
      of thy life shall be many. I have taught thee in the way of wisdom;
      I have led thee in right paths. When thou goest, thy steps shall
      not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.
      Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is
      thy life. Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way
      of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
      For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is
      taken away, unless they cause some to fall. For they eat the bread of
      wickedness, and drink the wine of violence. But the path of the just is
      as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
      The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
      My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them
      not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
      For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their
      flesh.