Sunday, March 11/24, 2013: Sunday of Orthodoxy: Heb 11:24-26,32-12:2, John 1:43-51

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2013
      passage: Heb 11:24-11:26

      Chapter 11

      By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the
      son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with
      the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
      Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in
      Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

      passage: Heb 11:32-12:2

      And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of
      Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also,
      and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms,
      wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.
      Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of
      weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the
      armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again:
      and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might
      obtain a better resurrection: And others had trial of cruel mockings and
      scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: They were stoned,
      they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they
      wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted,
      tormented; Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts,
      and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all,
      having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
      God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us
      should not be made perfect.

      Chapter 12

      Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of
      witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so
      easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set
      before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
      who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising
      the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

      The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip,
      and saith unto him, Follow me. Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city
      of Andrew and Peter. Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We
      have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write,
      Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph. And Nathanael said unto him,
      Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him,
      Come and see. Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him,
      Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! Nathanael saith unto
      him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before
      that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.
      Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God;
      thou art the King of Israel. Jesus answered and said unto him, Because
      I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou
      shalt see greater things than these. And he saith unto him, Verily,
      verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the
      angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.