Monday, March 5/18, 2013: Is 1:1-20, Gen 1:1-13, Prov 1:1-20

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2013
      passage: Is 1:1-1:20

      Chapter 1

      The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah
      and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah,
      kings of Judah. Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the
      LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they
      have rebelled against me. The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his
      master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.
      Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers,
      children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have
      provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
      Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the
      whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. From the sole of the foot
      even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises,
      and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up,
      neither mollified with ointment. Your country is desolate, your cities
      are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence,
      and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers. And the daughter of Zion
      is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers,
      as a besieged city. Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very
      small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been
      like unto Gomorrah. Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom;
      give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah. To what
      purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD:
      I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts;
      and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
      When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to
      tread my courts? Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination
      unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot
      away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. Your new moons and
      your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am
      weary to bear them. And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide
      mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your
      hands are full of blood. Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of
      your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well;
      seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for
      the widow. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though
      your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be
      red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient,
      ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall
      be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

      passage: Gen 1:1-1:13

      In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was
      without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And
      the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said,
      Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it
      was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called
      the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the
      morning were the first day. And God said, Let there be a firmament in
      the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
      And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the
      firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
      And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning
      were the second day. And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be
      gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it
      was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together
      of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. And God
      said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the
      fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself,
      upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass,
      and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit,
      whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
      And the evening and the morning were the third day.

      passage: Prov 1:1-1:20

      The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel; To know wisdom
      and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; To receive
      the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity; To give
      subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
      A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of
      understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb,
      and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
      The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise
      wisdom and instruction. My son, hear the instruction of thy father,
      and forsake not the law of thy mother: For they shall be an ornament
      of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck. My son, if sinners
      entice thee, consent thou not. If they say, Come with us, let us lay
      wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:
      Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go
      down into the pit: We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill
      our houses with spoil: Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one
      purse: My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from
      their path: For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.
      Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird. And they
      lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives.
      So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away
      the life of the owners thereof. Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth
      her voice in the streets: