Tuesday, February 20 / March 5, 2013: 1John 3:11-20, Mark 14:10-42

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2013
      passage: 1John 3:11-3:20

      Chapter 3

      For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we
      should love one another. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one,
      and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works
      were evil, and his brother's righteous. Marvel not, my brethren, if
      the world hate you. We know that we have passed from death unto life,
      because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth
      in death. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that
      no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. Hereby perceive we the
      love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay
      down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and
      seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion
      from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children,
      let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
      And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts
      before him. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart,
      and knoweth all things.

      And Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went unto the chief priests,
      to betray him unto them. And when they heard it, they were glad, and
      promised to give him money. And he sought how he might conveniently
      betray him. And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed
      the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go
      and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover? And he sendeth forth
      two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and
      there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.
      And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house,
      The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the
      passover with my disciples? And he will shew you a large upper room
      furnished and prepared: there make ready for us. And his disciples
      went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto
      them: and they made ready the passover. And in the evening he cometh
      with the twelve. And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily
      I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.
      And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it
      I? and another said, Is it I? And he answered and said unto them,
      It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish. The Son
      of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by
      whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had
      never been born. And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed,
      and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
      And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them:
      and they all drank of it. And he said unto them, This is my blood
      of the new testament, which is shed for many. Verily I say unto you,
      I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I
      drink it new in the kingdom of God. And when they had sung an hymn,
      they went out into the mount of Olives. And Jesus saith unto them,
      All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written,
      I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. But after
      that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee. But Peter said unto
      him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I. And Jesus saith
      unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night,
      before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. But he spake
      the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee
      in any wise. Likewise also said they all. And they came to a place
      which was named Gethsemane: and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here,
      while I shall pray. And he taketh with him Peter and James and John,
      and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy; And saith unto them,
      My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.
      And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that,
      if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. And he said, Abba,
      Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me:
      nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt. And he cometh,
      and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest
      thou? couldest not thou watch one hour? Watch ye and pray, lest ye
      enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
      And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words. And when
      he returned, he found them asleep again, (for their eyes were heavy,)
      neither wist they what to answer him. And he cometh the third time,
      and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough,
      the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands
      of sinners. Rise up, let us go; lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand.