Sunday, February 18 / March 3, 2013: Sunday of the Prodigal Son: 1Cor 6:12-20, Luke 15:11-32

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2013

      All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all
      things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of
      any. Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy
      both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord;
      and the Lord for the body. And God hath both raised up the Lord, and
      will also raise up us by his own power. Know ye not that your bodies
      are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ,
      and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. What? know ye not
      that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he,
      shall be one flesh. But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
      Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he
      that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye
      not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which
      ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price:
      therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

      And he said, A certain man had two sons: And the younger of them said to
      his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And
      he divided unto them his living. And not many days after the younger
      son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country,
      and there wasted his substance with riotous living. And when he had
      spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be
      in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country;
      and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have
      filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave
      unto him. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants
      of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
      I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have
      sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be
      called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and
      came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw
      him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
      And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in
      thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. But the father
      said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him;
      and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring hither
      the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my
      son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they
      began to be merry. Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came
      and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing. And he called
      one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. And he said
      unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted
      calf, because he hath received him safe and sound. And he was angry,
      and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
      And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve
      thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet
      thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
      But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living
      with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf. And he said
      unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
      It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother
      was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.