Sunday, February 11/24, 2013: Sunday of the Publican and Pharisee: 2Tim 3:10-15, Luke 18:10-14

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2013
      passage: 2Tim 3:10-3:15

      Chapter 3

      But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith,
      longsuffering, charity, patience, Persecutions, afflictions, which
      came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I
      endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that
      will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men
      and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
      But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been
      assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a
      child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee
      wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

      Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the
      other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,
      God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust,
      adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give
      tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would
      not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast,
      saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down
      to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth
      himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.