Friday, February 9/22, 2013: 2Peter 1:1-10, Mark 13:1-8

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013
      passage: 2Peter 1:1-1:10

      Chapter 1

      Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have
      obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God
      and our Saviour Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you
      through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his
      divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and
      godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and
      virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises:
      that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped
      the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this,
      giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
      And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience
      godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness
      charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that
      ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord
      Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot
      see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
      Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling
      and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

      And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him,
      Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here! And Jesus
      answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall
      not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
      And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter
      and James and John and Andrew asked him privately, Tell us, when shall
      these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall
      be fulfilled? And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any
      man deceive you: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ;
      and shall deceive many. And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of
      wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end
      shall not be yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom
      against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and
      there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.