: Phil 4:10-23, Luke 7:36-50

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2013
      passage: Phil 4:10-4:23

      Chapter 4

      But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of
      me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked
      opportunity. Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned,
      in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to
      be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I
      am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to
      suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
      Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my
      affliction. Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the
      gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as
      concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica
      ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift:
      but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. But I have all,
      and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which
      were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable,
      wellpleasing to God. But my God shall supply all your need according
      to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now unto God and our Father be
      glory for ever and ever. Amen. Salute every saint in Christ Jesus. The
      brethren which are with me greet you. All the saints salute you,
      chiefly they that are of Caesar's household.

      And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And
      he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat. And, behold,
      a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat
      at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
      And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with
      tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet,
      and anointed them with the ointment. Now when the Pharisee which had
      bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were
      a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that
      toucheth him: for she is a sinner. And Jesus answering said unto him,
      Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
      There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five
      hundred pence, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing to pay,
      he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love
      him most? Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave
      most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged. And he turned
      to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered
      into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath
      washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
      Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath
      not ceased to kiss my feet. My head with oil thou didst not anoint:
      but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. Wherefore I say
      unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much:
      but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. And he said
      unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him
      began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?
      And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.