: 1 Peter 4:12-19, 5:1-5, John 1:18-28

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2013
      passage: 1Peter 4:12-4:19

      Chapter 4

      Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to
      try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice,
      inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his
      glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye
      be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of
      glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of,
      but on your part he is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a
      murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other
      men's matters. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be
      ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come
      that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin
      at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
      And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and
      the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the
      will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing,
      as unto a faithful Creator.

      passage: 1Peter 5:1-5:5

      Chapter 5

      The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and
      a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the
      glory that shall be revealed: Feed the flock of God which is among
      you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly;
      not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over
      God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. And when the chief
      Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth
      not away. Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea,
      all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility:
      for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

      No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the
      bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. And this is the record of
      John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him,
      Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am
      not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he
      saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. Then said
      they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that
      sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? He said, I am the voice of one
      crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said
      the prophet Esaias. And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.
      And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou
      be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? John answered
      them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you,
      whom ye know not; He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me,
      whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose. These things were
      done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.