Saturday, December 30 2012 / January 12, 2013: Saturday before Theophany: 1Tim 3:14-4:5, Matt 3:1-11

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      passage: 1Tim 3:14-4:5

      Chapter 3

      These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly: But if
      I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself
      in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar
      and ground of the truth. And without controversy great is the mystery
      of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit,
      seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world,
      received up into glory.

      Chapter 4

      Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall
      depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines
      of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared
      with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from
      meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them
      which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good,
      and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it
      is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

      In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of
      Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
      For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The
      voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord,
      make his paths straight. And the same John had his raiment of camel's
      hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and
      wild honey. Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the
      region round about Jordan, And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing
      their sins. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to
      his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned
      you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth therefore fruits meet
      for repentance: And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham
      to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to
      raise up children unto Abraham. And now also the axe is laid unto the
      root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good
      fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. I indeed baptize you with
      water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I,
      whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy
      Ghost, and with fire: