Monday, December 25 2012 / January 7, 2013: Nativity of Christ: Gal 4:4-7, Matt 2:1-12

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2013
      passage: Gal 4:4-4:7

      Chapter 4

      But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son,
      made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under
      the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye
      are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts,
      crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son;
      and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

      Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the
      king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying,
      Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in
      the east, and are come to worship him. When Herod the king had heard
      these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he
      had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together,
      he demanded of them where Christ should be born. And they said unto
      him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
      And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the
      princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule
      my people Israel. Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men,
      enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. And he sent
      them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young
      child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come
      and worship him also. When they had heard the king, they departed; and,
      lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came
      and stood over where the young child was. When they saw the star, they
      rejoiced with exceeding great joy. And when they were come into the
      house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down,
      and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they
      presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh. And being
      warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they
      departed into their own country another way.