Sunday, December 17/30, 2012: Sunday of the Holy Ancestors of Christ: Col 3:4-11, Luke 14:16-24

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2012
      passage: Col 3:4-3:11

      Chapter 3

      When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also
      appear with him in glory. Mortify therefore your members which
      are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection,
      evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which
      things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
      In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now
      ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy
      communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye
      have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man,
      which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
      Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision,
      Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

      Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
      And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden,
      Come; for all things are now ready. And they all with one consent began
      to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground,
      and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. And another
      said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray
      thee have me excused. And another said, I have married a wife, and
      therefore I cannot come. So that servant came, and shewed his lord these
      things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go
      out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither
      the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. And the servant
      said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
      And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges,
      and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. For I say unto
      you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.