Saturday, October 21 / November 3, 2001: 2 Cor 5:1-10, Luke 7:1-10

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2001

      For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved,
      we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in
      the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed
      upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we
      shall not be found naked. For we that are in this tabernacle do groan,
      being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon,
      that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now he that hath wrought
      us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest
      of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst
      we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: For we walk by
      faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be
      absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. Wherefore we
      labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
      For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every
      one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath
      done, whether it be good or bad.

      Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people,
      he entered into Capernaum. And a certain centurion's servant, who
      was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die. And when he heard of
      Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that
      he would come and heal his servant. And when they came to Jesus, they
      besoug-autim instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should
      do this: For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.
      Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house,
      the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not
      thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:
      Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in
      a word, and my servant shall be healed. For I also am a man set under
      authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he
      goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this,
      and he doeth it. When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him,
      and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him,
      I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
      And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant
      whole that had been sick.