Friday, November 24 / December 7, 2012: 2Tim 1:1,2,8-18, Luke 19:12-28

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2012
      passage: 2Tim 1:1-1:1

      Chapter 1

      Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the
      promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

      passage: 2Tim 1:2-1:2

      To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God
      the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

      passage: 2Tim 1:8-1:18

      Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me
      his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel
      according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with
      an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own
      purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world
      began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus
      Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality
      to light through the gospel: Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and
      an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. For the which cause I also
      suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom
      I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which
      I have committed unto him against that day. Hold fast the form of
      sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is
      in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed unto thee keep
      by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us. This thou knowest, that all
      they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus
      and Hermogenes. The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus;
      for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain: But, when he
      was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me. The Lord
      grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in
      how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

      He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive
      for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants,
      and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
      But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We
      will not have this man to reign over us. And it came to pass, that
      when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded
      these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money,
      that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. Then came
      the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. And he said
      unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a
      very little, have thou authority over ten cities. And the second came,
      saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. And he said likewise
      to him, Be thou also over five cities. And another came, saying, Lord,
      behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: For
      I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that
      thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. And he
      saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked
      servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid
      not down, and reaping that I did not sow: Wherefore then gavest not
      thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required
      mine own with usury? And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him
      the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. And they said unto
      him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) For I say unto you, That unto every one
      which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath
      shall be taken away from him. But those mine enemies, which would not
      that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
      And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.