Tuesday, November 21 / December 4, 2012: The Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple: Heb 9:1-7, Luke 10:38-42, 11:27-28

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2012
      passage: Heb 9:1-9:7

      Chapter 9

      Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service,
      and a worldly sanctuary. For there was a tabernacle made; the first,
      wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is
      called the sanctuary. And after the second veil, the tabernacle which
      is called the Holiest of all; Which had the golden censer, and the ark
      of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden
      pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the
      covenant; And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat;
      of which we cannot now speak particularly. Now when these things
      were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle,
      accomplishing the service of God. But into the second went the high
      priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for
      himself, and for the errors of the people:

      Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain
      village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
      And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and
      heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came
      to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me
      to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered
      and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about
      many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good
      part, which shall not be taken away from her.

      And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the
      company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb
      that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said,
      Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.