Tuesday, November 14/27, 2012: 1Tim 1:8-14, Luke 14:25-35

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2012
      passage: 1Tim 1:8-1:14

      Chapter 1

      But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this,
      that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and
      disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane,
      for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
      For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind,
      for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be
      any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; According to the
      glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
      And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he
      counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a
      blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy,
      because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord
      was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

      And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto
      them, If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother,
      and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own
      life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his
      cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. For which of you,
      intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the
      cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? Lest haply, after
      he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that
      behold it begin to mock him, Saying, This man began to build, and was
      not able to finish. Or what king, going to make war against another
      king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with
      ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
      Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage,
      and desireth conditions of peace. So likewise, whosoever he be of
      you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
      Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it
      be seasoned? It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill;
      but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.