Monday, November 13/26, 2012: 1Tim 1:1-7, Luke 14:12-15

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2012
      passage: 1Tim 1:1-1:7

      Chapter 1

      Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour,
      and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope; Unto Timothy, my own son
      in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus
      Christ our Lord. As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when
      I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach
      no other doctrine, Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies,
      which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith:
      so do. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart,
      and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: From which some having
      swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be teachers
      of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

      Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a
      supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor
      thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompence be
      made thee. But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the
      lame, the blind: And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense
      thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
      And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he
      said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.