Thursday, November 9/22, 2012: 2Thes 2:13-3:5, Luke 13:1-9

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2012
      passage: 2Thes 2:13-3:5

      Chapter 2

      But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved
      of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation
      through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto
      he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord
      Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions
      which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our Lord
      Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us,
      and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
      Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

      Chapter 3

      Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free
      course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: And that we may be
      delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
      But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
      And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and
      will do the things which we command you. And the Lord direct your
      hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

      There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans,
      whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus
      answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were
      sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
      I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
      Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them,
      think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
      I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
      He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in
      his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
      Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years
      I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why
      cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it
      alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: And if
      it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.