Wednesday, November 8/21, 2012: 2Thes 2:1-12, Luke 12:48-59

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2012
      passage: 2Thes 2:1-2:12

      Chapter 2

      Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ,
      and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in
      mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as
      from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you
      by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling
      away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
      Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that
      is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing
      himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you,
      I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might
      be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work:
      only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
      And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume
      with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of
      his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with
      all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness
      of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the
      love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God
      shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That
      they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure
      in unrighteousness.

      But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes,
      shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given,
      of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much,
      of him they will ask the more. I am come to send fire on the earth;
      and what will I, if it be already kindled? But I have a baptism to
      be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
      Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay;
      but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one
      house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father
      shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father;
      the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother;
      the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law
      against her mother in law. And he said also to the people, When ye see
      a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower;
      and so it is. And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will
      be heat; and it cometh to pass. Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the
      face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern
      this time? Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?
      When thou goest with thine adversary to the magistrate, as thou art in
      the way, give diligence that thou mayest be delivered from him; lest
      he hale thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer,
      and the officer cast thee into prison. I tell thee, thou shalt not
      depart thence, till thou hast paid the very last mite.