Monday, November 6/19, 2012: 2Thes 1:1-10, Luke 12:13-15,22-31

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2012
      passage: 2Thes 1:1-1:10

      Chapter 1

      Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians
      in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace,
      from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. We are bound to thank God
      always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth
      exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other
      aboundeth; So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for
      your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that
      ye endure: Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God,
      that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also
      suffer: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation
      to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us,
      when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty
      angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God,
      and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be
      punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord,
      and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified
      in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our
      testimony among you was believed) in that day.

      And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother,
      that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man,
      who made me a judge or a divider over you? And he said unto them,
      Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not
      in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

      passage: Luke 12:22-12:31

      And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought
      for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall
      put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
      Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have
      storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better
      than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his
      stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is
      least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they
      grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon
      in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so
      clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast
      into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
      And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be
      ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world
      seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
      But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be
      added unto you.