Tuesday, October 24 / November 6, 2012: 1Thes 1:6-10, Luke 11:1-10

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2012
      passage: 1Thes 1:6-1:10

      Chapter 1

      And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the
      word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost. So that ye were
      ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia. For from you
      sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia,
      but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so
      that we need not to speak any thing. For they themselves shew of us
      what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God
      from idols to serve the living and true God; And to wait for his Son
      from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered
      us from the wrath to come.

      And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when
      he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray,
      as John also taught his disciples. And he said unto them, When ye pray,
      say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom
      come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day
      our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one
      that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us
      from evil. And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend,
      and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me
      three loaves; For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I
      have nothing to set before him? And he from within shall answer and say,
      Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed;
      I cannot rise and give thee. I say unto you, Though he will not rise
      and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity
      he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. And I say unto you,
      Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and
      it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth;
      and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.