Wednesday, October 18/31, 2012: Col 3:17-4:1, Luke 9:44-50

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2012
      passage: Col 3:17-4:1

      Chapter 3

      And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the
      Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Wives,
      submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
      Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. Children,
      obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
      Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
      Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not
      with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;
      And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
      Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance:
      for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive
      for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

      Chapter 4

      Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing
      that ye also have a Master in heaven.

      Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be
      delivered into the hands of men. But they understood not this saying,
      and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared
      to ask him of that saying. Then there arose a reasoning among them,
      which of them should be greatest. And Jesus, perceiving the thought
      of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, And said unto them,
      Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever
      shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among
      you all, the same shall be great. And John answered and said, Master,
      we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because
      he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not:
      for he that is not against us is for us.