Tuesday, October 17/30, 2012: Col 2:20-3:3, Luke 9:23-27

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2012
      passage: Col 2:20-3:3

      Chapter 2

      Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world,
      why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, Touch
      not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using;)
      after the commandments and doctrines of men? Which things have indeed
      a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the
      body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

      Chapter 3

      If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above,
      where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on
      things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your
      life is hid with Christ in God.

      And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny
      himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever
      will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for
      my sake, the same shall save it. For what is a man advantaged, if he
      gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? For whosoever
      shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be
      ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and
      of the holy angels. But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing
      here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.