Wednesday, September 20 / October 3, 2012: Ephesians 5:25-33, Luke 4:1-15

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2012
      passage: Ephesians 5:25-5:33

      Chapter 5

      Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave
      himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing
      of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious
      church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it
      should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives
      as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man
      ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as
      the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and
      of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother,
      and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
      This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
      Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even
      as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

      And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was
      led by the Spirit into the wilderness, Being forty days tempted of the
      devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended,
      he afterward hungered. And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son
      of God, command this stone that it be made bread. And Jesus answered
      him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone,
      but by every word of God. And the devil, taking him up into an high
      mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment
      of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee,
      and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I
      will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
      And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for
      it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt
      thou serve. And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle
      of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself
      down from hence: For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over
      thee, to keep thee: And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at
      any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. And Jesus answering said
      unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. And when
      the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a
      season. And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee:
      and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
      And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.