Saturday, August 26 / September 8, 2012: 1Cor 4:1-5, Matt 23:1-12

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2012

      Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards
      of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that
      a man be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I
      should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine
      own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified:
      but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before
      the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden
      things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts:
      and then shall every man have praise of God.

      Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, Saying
      The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore
      whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye
      after their works: for they say, and do not. For they bind heavy
      burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders;
      but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
      But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad
      their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, And love
      the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
      And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
      But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and
      all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for
      one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters:
      for one is your Master, even Christ. But he that is greatest among
      you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be
      abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.