Wednesday, July 19 / August 1, 2012: 1Cor 13:4-14:5, Matt 20:1-16

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2012

      Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity
      vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly,
      seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
      Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all
      things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
      Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall
      fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be
      knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy
      in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is
      in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child,
      I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man,
      I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly;
      but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even
      as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three;
      but the greatest of these is charity.

      Chapter 14

      Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye
      may prophesy. For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not
      unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the
      spirit he speaketh mysteries. But he that prophesieth speaketh unto
      men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. He that speaketh in
      an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth
      the church. I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye
      prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh
      with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

      For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder,
      which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
      And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he
      sent them into his vineyard. And he went out about the third hour,
      and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, And said unto them;
      Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give
      you. And they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and
      ninth hour, and did likewise. And about the eleventh hour he went out,
      and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here
      all the day idle? They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He
      saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right,
      that shall ye receive. So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard
      saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire,
      beginning from the last unto the first. And when they came that were
      hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny. But when
      the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and
      they likewise received every man a penny. And when they had received
      it, they murmured against the goodman of the house, Saying, These last
      have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which
      have borne the burden and heat of the day. But he answered one of them,
      and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for
      a penny? Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last,
      even as unto thee. Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine
      own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good? So the last shall be first,
      and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.