Sunday, May 21 / June 3, 2012: Sunday of Pentecost: Trinity Sunday: Num 11:16,17,24-29, Joel 2:23-32, Ezekiel 36:24-28, John 20:19-23, Acts 2:1-11, John 7:37-52,8:12

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2012
      passage: Num 11:16-11:16

      Chapter 11

      And the LORD said unto Moses, Gather unto me seventy men of the elders of
      Israel, whom thou knowest to be the elders of the people, and officers
      over them; and bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation,
      that they may stand there with thee.

      passage: Num 11:17-11:17

      And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the
      spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear
      the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone.

      passage: Num 11:24-11:29

      And Moses went out, and told the people the words of the LORD, and
      gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people, and set them round
      about the tabernacle. And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake
      unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto
      the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested
      upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease. But there remained two
      of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name
      of the other Medad: and the spirit rested upon them; and they were of
      them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle: and they
      prophesied in the camp. And there ran a young man, and told Moses,
      and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp. And Joshua the son
      of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men, answered and said,
      My lord Moses, forbid them. And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for
      my sake? would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, and that
      the LORD would put his spirit upon them!

      passage: Joel 2:23-2:32

      Chapter 2

      Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God:
      for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause
      to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in
      the first month. And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats
      shall overflow with wine and oil. And I will restore to you the years
      that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the
      palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. And ye shall eat in
      plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that
      hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
      And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the
      LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.
      And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon
      all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men
      shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the
      servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
      And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire,
      and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the
      moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.
      And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the
      LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be
      deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD
      shall call.

      passage: Ezekiel 36:24-36:28

      Chapter 36

      For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all
      countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle
      clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness,
      and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will
      I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take
      away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart
      of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk
      in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And ye
      shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be
      my people, and I will be your God.

      Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when
      the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the
      Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace
      be unto you. And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands
      and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the LORD.
      Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent
      me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them,
      and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye
      remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain,
      they are retained.

      And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one
      accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a
      rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
      And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat
      upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and
      began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
      And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every
      nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude
      came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them
      speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled,
      saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
      And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
      Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and
      in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia,
      in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome,
      Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our
      tongues the wonderful works of God.

      In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried,
      saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that
      believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall
      flow rivers of living water. But this spake he of the Spirit, which
      they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not
      yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) Many of the
      people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this
      is the Prophet. Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall
      Christ come out of Galilee? Hath not the scripture said, That Christ
      cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where
      David was? So there was a division among the people because of him.
      And some of them would have taken him; but no man laid hands on him.
      Then came the officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said
      unto them, Why have ye not brought him? The officers answered, Never
      man spake like this man. Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also
      deceived? Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed on him?
      But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed. Nicodemus saith
      unto them, (he that came to Jesus by night, being one of them,) Doth
      our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
      They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search,
      and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.

      Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:
      he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the
      light of life.