Tuesday, March 21 / April 3, 2012: Isa 49:6-10, Gen 31:3-16, Prov 21:3-21

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2012
      passage: Isa 49:6-49:10

      Chapter 49

      And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to
      raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I
      will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my
      salvation unto the end of the earth. Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer
      of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the
      nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise,
      princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and
      the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee. Thus saith the LORD,
      In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have
      I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant
      of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate
      heritages; That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that
      are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their
      pastures shall be in all high places. They shall not hunger nor thirst;
      neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on
      them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

      passage: Gen 31:3-31:16

      Chapter 31

      And the LORD said unto Jacob, Return unto the land of thy fathers, and to
      thy kindred; and I will be with thee. And Jacob sent and called Rachel
      and Leah to the field unto his flock, And said unto them, I see your
      father's countenance, that it is not toward me as before; but the God of
      my father hath been with me. And ye know that with all my power I have
      served your father. And your father hath deceived me, and changed my
      wages ten times; but God suffered him not to hurt me. If he said thus,
      The speckled shall be thy wages; then all the cattle bare speckled:
      and if he said thus, The ringstraked shall be thy hire; then bare all
      the cattle ringstraked. Thus God hath taken away the cattle of your
      father, and given them to me. And it came to pass at the time that
      the cattle conceived, that I lifted up mine eyes, and saw in a dream,
      and, behold, the rams which leaped upon the cattle were ringstraked,
      speckled, and grisled. And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream,
      saying, Jacob: And I said, Here am I. And he said, Lift up now thine
      eyes, and see, all the rams which leap upon the cattle are ringstraked,
      speckled, and grisled: for I have seen all that Laban doeth unto thee.
      I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where
      thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land,
      and return unto the land of thy kindred. And Rachel and Leah answered
      and said unto him, Is there yet any portion or inheritance for us in
      our father's house? Are we not counted of him strangers? for he hath
      sold us, and hath quite devoured also our money. For all the riches
      which God hath taken from our father, that is ours, and our children's:
      now then, whatsoever God hath said unto thee, do.

      passage: Prov 21:3-21:21

      Chapter 21

      To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
      An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.
      The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one
      that is hasty only to want. The getting of treasures by a lying tongue
      is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death. The robbery
      of the wicked shall destroy them; because they refuse to do judgment.
      The way of man is froward and strange: but as for the pure, his work
      is right. It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with
      a brawling woman in a wide house. The soul of the wicked desireth
      evil: his neighbour findeth no favour in his eyes. When the scorner
      is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed,
      he receiveth knowledge. The righteous man wisely considereth the house
      of the wicked: but God overthroweth the wicked for their wickedness.
      Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry
      himself, but shall not be heard. A gift in secret pacifieth anger:
      and a reward in the bosom strong wrath. It is joy to the just to
      do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
      The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in
      the congregation of the dead. He that loveth pleasure shall be a poor
      man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich. The wicked shall
      be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.
      It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an
      angry woman. There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling
      of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up. He that followeth after
      righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.