Sunday, March 19 / April 1, 2012: Sunday of St. Mary of Egypt: Heb 9:11-14, Mark 10:32-45

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2012
      passage: Heb 9:11-9:14

      Chapter 9

      But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a
      greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to
      say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves,
      but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having
      obtained eternal redemption for us. For if the blood of bulls and of
      goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth
      to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ,
      who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God,
      purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

      And they were in the way going up to Jerusalem; and Jesus went before
      them: and they were amazed; and as they followed, they were afraid. And
      he took again the twelve, and began to tell them what things should
      happen unto him, Saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of
      man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and
      they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles:
      And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him,
      and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again. And James
      and John, the sons of Zebedee, come unto him, saying, Master, we would
      that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever we shall desire. And he said
      unto them, What would ye that I should do for you? They said unto him,
      Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on
      thy left hand, in thy glory. But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what
      ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with
      the baptism that I am baptized with? And they said unto him, We can. And
      Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of;
      and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:
      But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give;
      but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared. And when the
      ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John.
      But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they
      which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over
      them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it
      not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your
      minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant
      of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but
      to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.