Saturday, February 19 / March 3, 2012: Heb 1:1-12, Mark 2:23-3:5

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2012
      passage: Heb 1:1-1:12

      Chapter 1

      God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto
      the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us
      by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he
      made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express
      image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power,
      when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the
      Majesty on high: Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by
      inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of
      the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten
      thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
      And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he
      saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. And of the angels he
      saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
      But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:
      a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast
      loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God,
      hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. And,
      Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth;
      and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish;
      but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
      And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed:
      but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

      And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath
      day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.
      And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath
      day that which is not lawful? And he said unto them, Have ye never
      read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they
      that were with him? How he went into the house of God in the days of
      Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful
      to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?
      And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for
      the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

      Chapter 3

      And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which
      had a withered hand. And they watched him, whether he would heal him on
      the sabbath day; that they might accuse him. And he saith unto the man
      which had the withered hand, Stand forth. And he saith unto them, Is
      it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life,
      or to kill? But they held their peace. And when he had looked round
      about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts,
      he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out:
      and his hand was restored whole as the other.