Thursday, October 21 / November 3, 2011: Col 1:24-29, Luke 9:49-56

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011
      passage: Col 1:24-1:29

      Chapter 1

      Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is
      behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake,
      which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to
      the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the
      word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from
      generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would
      make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the
      Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach,
      warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may
      present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour,
      striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

      And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils
      in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
      And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against
      us is for us. And it came to pass, when the time was come that he
      should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
      And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into
      a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not
      receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
      And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt
      thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them,
      even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know
      not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to
      destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.