Thursday, August 19 / September 1, 2011: 2Cor 7:1-10, Mark 1:29-35

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2011

      Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves
      from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the
      fear of God. Receive us; we have wronged no man, we have corrupted no
      man, we have defrauded no man. I speak not this to condemn you: for I
      have said before, that ye are in our hearts to die and live with you.
      Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you:
      I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.
      For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we
      were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears.
      Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted
      us by the coming of Titus; And not by his coming only, but by the
      consolation wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your
      earnest desire, your mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that
      I rejoiced the more. For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do
      not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle
      hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season. Now I rejoice,
      not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for
      ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage
      by us in nothing. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation
      not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

      And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered
      into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John. But Simon's
      wife's mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him of her. And he
      came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and immediately the
      fever left her, and she ministered unto them. And at even, when the sun
      did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that
      were possessed with devils. And all the city was gathered together
      at the door. And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases,
      and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because
      they knew him. And in the morning, rising up a great while before day,
      he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.