Sunday, April 18 / May 1, 2011: Thomas Sunday: Acts 5:12-20, John 20:19-31

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2011

      And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought
      among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's
      porch. And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the
      people magnified them. And believers were the more added to the Lord,
      multitudes both of men and women.) Insomuch that they brought forth
      the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at
      the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.
      There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem,
      bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits:
      and they were healed every one. Then the high priest rose up, and
      all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,)
      and were filled with indignation, And laid their hands on the apostles,
      and put them in the common prison. But the angel of the Lord by night
      opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said, Go, stand
      and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.

      Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when
      the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the
      Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace
      be unto you. And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands
      and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the LORD.
      Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent
      me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them,
      and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye
      remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain,
      they are retained. But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was
      not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said unto
      him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see
      in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print
      of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
      And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with
      them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst,
      and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy
      finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it
      into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered
      and said unto him, My LORD and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas,
      because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have
      not seen, and yet have believed. And many other signs truly did Jesus
      in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
      But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ,
      the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.