Monday, August 21 / September 3, 2001: 2Cor 12:10-19, Mark 4:10-23

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2001

      Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities,
      in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak,
      then am I strong. I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me:
      for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind
      the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing. Truly the signs of an
      apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders,
      and mighty deeds. For what is it wherein ye were inferior to other
      churches, except it be that I myself was not burdensome to you? forgive
      me this wrong. Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you;
      and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not your's but you:
      for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents
      for the children. And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you;
      though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved. But be it
      so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with
      guile. Did I make a gain of you by any of them whom I sent unto you?
      I desired Titus, and with him I sent a brother. Did Titus make a gain of
      you? walked we not in the same spirit? walked we not in the same steps?
      Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God
      in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.

      And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of
      him the parable. And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know
      the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all
      these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not
      perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any
      time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
      And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye
      know all parables? The sower soweth the word. And these are they by the
      way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh
      immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
      And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when
      they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; And
      have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward,
      when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately
      they are offended. And these are they which are sown among thorns; such
      as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness
      of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word,
      and it becometh unfruitful. And these are they which are sown on good
      ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit,
      some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred. And he said unto them,
      Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not
      to be set on a candlestick? For there is nothing hid, which shall not
      be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should
      come abroad. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.