Saturday, August 19 / September 1, 2001: 1Cor 2:6-9, Matt 22:15-22

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2001

      Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom
      of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
      But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom,
      which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the
      princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have
      crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen,
      nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things
      which God hath prepared for them that love him.

      Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in
      his talk. And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians,
      saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God
      in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the
      person of men. Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to
      give tribute unto Caesar, or not? But Jesus perceived their wickedness,
      and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? Shew me the tribute money. And
      they brought unto him a penny. And he saith unto them, Whose is this
      image and superscription? They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he
      unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's;
      and unto God the things that are God's. When they had heard these words,
      they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.