Friday, March 19 / April 1, 2011: Isa 29:13-23, Gen 12:1-7, Prov 14:15-26

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 9:10 PM
      passage: Isa 29:13-29:23

      Chapter 29

      Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their
      mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart
      far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
      Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this
      people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their
      wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall
      be hid. Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the
      LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and
      who knoweth us? Surely your turning of things upside down shall be
      esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made
      it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it,
      He had no understanding? Is it not yet a very little while, and Lebanon
      shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be
      esteemed as a forest? And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of
      the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out
      of darkness. The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the
      poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. For the terrible
      one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that
      watch for iniquity are cut off: That make a man an offender for a word,
      and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the
      just for a thing of nought. Therefore thus saith the LORD, who redeemed
      Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed,
      neither shall his face now wax pale. But when he seeth his children,
      the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name,
      and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.

      passage: Gen 12:1-12:7

      Chapter 12

      Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from
      thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew
      thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee,
      and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless
      them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee
      shall all families of the earth be blessed. So Abram departed, as the
      LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy
      and five years old when he departed out of Haran. And Abram took Sarai
      his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they
      had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they
      went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan
      they came. And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem,
      unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land. And the
      LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land:
      and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

      passage: Prov 14:15-14:26

      Chapter 14

      The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to
      his going. A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool
      rageth, and is confident. He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly:
      and a man of wicked devices is hated. The simple inherit folly: but
      the prudent are crowned with knowledge. The evil bow before the good;
      and the wicked at the gates of the righteous. The poor is hated even
      of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends. He that despiseth
      his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.
      Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them
      that devise good. In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the
      lips tendeth only to penury. The crown of the wise is their riches:
      but the foolishness of fools is folly. A true witness delivereth souls:
      but a deceitful witness speaketh lies. In the fear of the LORD is
      strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.