Thursday, February 18 / March 3, 2011: Jude 1:11-25, Luke 23:2-34,46-56

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2011
      passage: Jude 1:11-1:25

      Chapter 1

      Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily
      after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying
      of Core. These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast
      with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without
      water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without
      fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea,
      foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the
      blackness of darkness for ever. And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam,
      prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands
      of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that
      are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have
      ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners
      have spoken against him. These are murmurers, complainers, walking
      after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words,
      having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. But, beloved,
      remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our
      Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in
      the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be
      they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. But ye,
      beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in
      the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the
      mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have
      compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling
      them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
      Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you
      faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

      And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting
      the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that
      he himself is Christ a King. And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou
      the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it.
      Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no
      fault in this man. And they were the more fierce, saying, He stirreth
      up the people, teaching throughout all Jewry, beginning from Galilee
      to this place. When Pilate heard of Galilee, he asked whether the man
      were a Galilaean. And as soon as he knew that he belonged unto Herod's
      jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who himself also was at Jerusalem
      at that time. And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he
      was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many
      things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.
      Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing.
      And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused him.
      And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him,
      and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.
      And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for
      before they were at enmity between themselves. And Pilate, when he
      had called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people,
      Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth
      the people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found
      no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him: No,
      nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death
      is done unto him. I will therefore chastise him, and release him.
      For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.) And they
      cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man, and release unto us
      Barabbas: Who for a certain sedition made in the city, and for murder,
      was cast into prison.) Pilate therefore, willing to release Jesus,
      spake again to them. But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him.
      And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I
      have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him,
      and let him go. And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that
      he might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests
      prevailed. And Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they required.
      And he released unto them him that for sedition and murder was cast into
      prison, whom they had desired; but he delivered Jesus to their will.
      And as they led him away, they laid hold upon one Simon, a Cyrenian,
      coming out of the country, and on him they laid the cross, that he might
      bear it after Jesus. And there followed him a great company of people,
      and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him. But Jesus turning
      unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for
      yourselves, and for your children. For, behold, the days are coming,
      in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that
      never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. Then shall they begin
      to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us. For if
      they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?
      And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to
      death. And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary,
      there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand,
      and the other on the left. Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for
      they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

      passage: Luke 23:46-23:56

      And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy
      hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
      Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying,
      Certainly this was a righteous man. And all the people that came
      together to that sight, beholding the things which were done, smote
      their breasts, and returned. And all his acquaintance, and the women
      that followed him from Galilee, stood afar off, beholding these things.
      And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a
      good man, and a just: The same had not consented to the counsel and deed
      of them;) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself
      waited for the kingdom of God. This man went unto Pilate, and begged
      the body of Jesus. And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and
      laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before
      was laid. And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
      And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after,
      and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid. And they returned,
      and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according
      to the commandment.