Wednesday, February 17 / March 2, 2011: Joel 2:12-26, Joel 3:12-21

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011
      passage: Joel 2:12-2:26

      Chapter 2

      Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your
      heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: And rend
      your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for
      he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and
      repenteth him of the evil. Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and
      leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering
      unto the LORD your God? Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast,
      call a solemn assembly: Gather the people, sanctify the congregation,
      assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the
      breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out
      of her closet. Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between
      the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and
      give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over
      them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?
      Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people. Yea,
      the LORD will answer and say unto his people, Behold, I will send you
      corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will
      no more make you a reproach among the heathen: But I will remove far
      off from you the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren
      and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part
      toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and his ill savour
      shall come up, because he hath done great things. Fear not, O land;
      be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things. Be not afraid,
      ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring,
      for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield
      their strength. Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in
      the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately,
      and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain,
      and the latter rain in the first month. And the floors shall be full
      of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil. And I will
      restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm,
      and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent
      among you. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise
      the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you:
      and my people shall never be ashamed.

      passage: Joel 3:12-3:21

      Chapter 3

      Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat:
      for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about. Put ye in
      the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press
      is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great. Multitudes,
      multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near
      in the valley of decision. The sun and the moon shall be darkened,
      and the stars shall withdraw their shining. The LORD also shall roar
      out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and
      the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people,
      and the strength of the children of Israel. So shall ye know that I
      am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall
      Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any
      more. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall
      drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the
      rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth
      out of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.
      Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness,
      for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have
      shed innocent blood in their land. But Judah shall dwell for ever,
      and Jerusalem from generation to generation.