Tuesday, February 16 / March 1, 2011: Jude 1:1-10, Luke 22:39-42,45-23:1

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2011
      passage: Jude 1:1-1:10

      Chapter 1

      Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are
      sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
      Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied. Beloved, when I gave
      all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful
      for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend
      for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there
      are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained
      to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into
      lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
      I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this,
      how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt,
      afterward destroyed them that believed not. And the angels which kept
      not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved
      in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
      Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner,
      giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh,
      are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
      Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion,
      and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending
      with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring
      against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
      But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they
      know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

      And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives;
      and his disciples also followed him. And when he was at the place,
      he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. And he
      was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and
      prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me:
      nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

      passage: Luke 22:45-23:1

      And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he
      found them sleeping for sorrow, And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise
      and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. And while he yet spake,
      behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve,
      went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss him. But Jesus said
      unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss? When they
      which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord,
      shall we smite with the sword? And one of them smote the servant of the
      high priest, and cut off his right ear. And Jesus answered and said,
      Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him. Then Jesus
      said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders,
      which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords
      and staves? When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth
      no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.
      Then took they him, and led him, and brought him into the high priest's
      house. And Peter followed afar off. And when they had kindled a fire
      in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down
      among them. But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire,
      and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him.
      And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not. And after a little
      while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said,
      Man, I am not. And about the space of one hour after another confidently
      affirmed, saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with him: for he is
      a Galilaean. And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And
      immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew. And the Lord turned,
      and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how
      he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
      And Peter went out, and wept bitterly. And the men that held Jesus
      mocked him, and smote him. And when they had blindfolded him, they
      struck him on the face, and asked him, saying, Prophesy, who is it that
      smote thee? And many other things blasphemously spake they against him.
      And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests
      and the scribes came together, and led him into their council, saying,
      Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you,
      ye will not believe: And if I also ask you, ye will not answer me, nor
      let me go. Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the
      power of God. Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And
      he said unto them, Ye say that I am. And they said, What need we any
      further witness? for we ourselves have heard of his own mouth.

      Chapter 23

      And the whole multitude of them arose, and led him unto Pilate.