Saturday, December 19 2010 / January 1, 2011: Saturday before Nativity: Gal 3:8-12, Luke 13:18-29

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2010
      passage: Gal 3:8-3:12

      Chapter 3

      And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through
      faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall
      all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed
      with faithful Abraham. For as many as are of the works of the law are
      under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth
      not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
      But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is
      evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith:
      but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

      Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto
      shall I resemble it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man
      took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree;
      and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it. And again he
      said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven,
      which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole
      was leavened. And he went through the cities and villages, teaching,
      and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, Lord, are
      there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in
      at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in,
      and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up,
      and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock
      at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and
      say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say,
      We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our
      streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are;
      depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and
      gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and
      all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
      And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north,
      and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.